Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

All-Points Bulletin: Name This Tune

 

I realize that this video was actually posted on YouTube all the way back in July 2019 but I figure that it was time for me to give it the APB treatment. And besides, I guess that I needed to put in the first "2022" entry on KKP.

Anyways, it's a catchy 25 seconds of this song by a female singer, especially with that riff at 0:03. Commenter Mark Kim has provided the lyrics in Japanese but I will also give them here: 

「弱気な心に 湧き出す不安に 負けないで もう二度と 惚れなくなる 迷わないで 彼のブランコを」

My guess is that this could be a late 1980s or early 1990s tune. Even more speculative is whether the singer is a seiyuu and whether the song is part of an anime soundtrack album or just that seiyuu's straight pop release. I tried to see whether the above lyric contained the title and punched that into the JASRAC database, but I got bupkis. Anyways, if any of you readers might know what the title and who the singer are, please let me know. It seems like me and a few others are itching about its identity.

January 13 2021: Case closed!

3 comments:

  1. Morning, Brian. I think that you may have made an entire cadre of people very happy with this information. By chance, did you purchase the CD? Thanks for helping out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the one who asked to find the song and thank you so much, J-Canuck and Brian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you were finally able to track it down. And it seems as if the commenters for the video are one very ecstatic bunch today.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.