Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 26, 2024

punipunidenki featuring Kan Sano -- Zurukunai?(ずるくない?)

 

Over the past several months, I've been able to encounter a number of eclectic and interesting artists with their music. And I'm happy to say that a couple of them have collaborated with each other in the past.

Singer-songwriters punipunidenki(ぷにぷに電機)and Kan Sano worked together on lyrics and melody respectively to form "Zurukunai?" (Ain't It Unfair?) which was released in May 2021 as a digital single. I was just talking about the multi-liqueur Singapore Sling cocktail in my previous article, and I think "Zurukunai?" is the musical equivalent and perhaps just as heady as well. I've had to listen to the song a few times and I've picked up on straight pop, some funk, synthpop and Neo-City Pop. Plus, there are the welcome smoky vocals of punipunidenki with Sano's vocal help in the chorus.

I also like the atmospheric music video which takes place at the Analog Record Bar in Shibuya so if any of you traveling to Tokyo are in the mood for the cool and refined drinking experience, you can give that a go. The young lady in the video by the way is model Yu Ishizuka(イシヅカユウ).

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting about these eclectic and interesting artists! I am not sure I would have encountered them otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I figure that some of these contemporary artists such as Sano and punipunidenki have been under the radar for a lot of people. But I've been posting about them simply because I like their music.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.