Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Happy 12th Birthday, Kayo Kyoku Plus! January 30th Birthdays

 

Well, allow Kayo Grace Kyoku and me to wish "Kayo Kyoku Plus" a Happy 12th birthday today. Yup, a dozen years ago, I launched the blog with a posting on one of the big hits of 1981, Jun Horie's(堀江淳)"Memory Glass"(メモリーグラス)and haven't looked back. As usual, I'd like to express my thanks to everyone who's helped out over the years with their own articles: JTM, nikala, jari, Marcos, Noelle, Larry, Joana, HRLE92, Oliver and T-Cat as well as commenters including Michael, YMOfan04, Jim, Brian and Fireminer for their recommendations and insights. Last but not least, I am also grateful for all those who have stopped by for a spell and taken a look at some of the 10,000+ articles we've put up since January 30th 2012.

I was kinda wondering what I would do to commemorate No. 12. At first, I had thought about posting songs with the number 12 in their titles but all I got were tunes involving the month of December which would be somewhat confusing since we are near the end of January. Then, a light bulb came over my head regarding silk which is the traditional gift for a 12th anniversary but nothing popped up on the search engines about kayo kyoku with that relationship. 

Finally, I opted for any singer who was born on January 30th just like KKP. Well in that situation, I did hit pay dirt. I was able to find three singers who fit the profile. And so, Happy Birthday to them as well (I've listed their birth years below. As for the years of release for the songs, you can check the Labels below the article or go to the original articles via the links).

(1958) Sayuri Ishikawa -- Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyu Geshiki (津軽海峡・冬景色)


(1975) Yumi Yoshimura -- V.A.C.A.T.I.O.N.


(1995) Misaki Iwasa -- Hatsuzake (初酒)

3 comments:

  1. Happy 12th Birthday KKP! And, interesting song about have one's first Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I look forward to all your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Brian and Owl Chick! Yes, indeed, Iwasa was probably more than happy to hit the sauce when she was legally able to after several years with AKB48.:)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.