Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, January 26, 2024

Rie Nakahara -- Singapore Sling

 

For a guy who doesn't drink all that much, I guess that I've been throwing in those alcohol-based kayo kyoku over the years of this blog. I actually did put up a whimsical Author's Pick a couple of months back with "Alcohol Kayo" and only some days ago, there was Nash Music Library's "Cocktail From Japan". So I gather that I'm a vicarious alky.

I've had my Screwdrivers, Brown Cows and Creamsicles but a Singapore Sling has yet to be made in my presence for imbibing. According to the video from Tipsy Bartender, it's got quite a few ingredients so I'm thinking some similarities to the Long Island Iced Tea. It's probably just as sweet and deadly, too.


Speaking of the Singapore Sling, Rie Nakahara(中原理恵)released a song with that very name back in July 1984 as a B-side to her single "Sennen Seppun"(千年接吻...Thousand-Year Kiss). Described as a slice of American pop and AOR, this was written by Masao Urino(売野雅勇)and composed by Daisuke Inoue(井上大輔)with Motoki Funayama(船山基紀)handling the arrangement. That bouncy piano does remind me of some of that Sunshine Pop from America back in the 1970s, but the pre-chorus synths reassure us that this was indeed made in the 1980s

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure if this is Sunshine Popish or not, but I like it. It has a very upbeat, catchy tune, and Rie Nakahara's delivery is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me anyways, I think there is something in the beat that has had me thinking Sunshine Pop.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.