Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Saori Saitoh -- Aoi Blizzard(蒼いブリザード)

 

Well, I could have used this song to talk about the ugly winter storm that we had a couple of days ago, but I used that preamble ramble in yesterday's "Higurashiyama"(日暮山)by Junichi Inagaki(稲垣潤一). However, we do have another blizzard coming up tomorrow night going into Saturday. This one...hopefully...will be a little "cleaner" with just fluffy white snow coming down.

And sure enough, the song here is "Aoi Blizzard" (Blue Blizzard) by rock singer Saori Saitoh(斉藤さおり)as a track from her September 1986 debut album "Kiss me, Good bye". I'm not sure whether I would imagine furious snowstorms when I listen to this one but there's a good chance that I would enjoy this from a car stereo as the automobile is bombing down the lonesome highway. Reiko Yukawa(湯川れい子)provided the lyrics for "Aoi Blizzard" and Yuuichiro Oda(小田裕一郎)provided the tasty licks on this melody. 

This is actually the earliest that I've gone in Saitoh's discography. I first started her KKP file with her 1991 "Yokogao"(横顔)back in December 2021, and I've provided some background information there so feel free to take a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.