Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, August 30, 2024

Makoto Ishida -- Lonely Girl

 

Yeah, ha-ha. Those were the days. Phones actually had cords attached to them. Nice cocktail, though.

Well, let's see here. When I looked up the name Makoto Ishida(石田誠)on J-Wiki, I found a businessman, a TV director and a famed physician. But I only got bupkis when I searched for a singer-songwriter with the same name. And even when I put his name along with his June 1983 album "Moonlight in Your Eyes" into the search engine, I was only reassured of its existence and the fact of its release date.

But that is one nice cover on the album with those West Coast palm trees against a sunset or sunrise sky. Couldn't get more City Pop than that. And with his track "Lonely Girl", I definitely got those Boz Scaggs and Bobby Caldwell vibes in the arrangement (lovely electric guitar solo in the middle) along with the fact that Ishida's vocals also reminded me of the singing tones of one Kingo Hamada(浜田金吾). If anyone else out there has more information on Ishida, please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.