Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, August 23, 2024

Rie Kitahara -- Just Feeling

 

The last time I wrote about singer-songwriter Rie Kitahara(北原理絵)was back in 2021 for her "Suiheisen"(水平線)from the April 1984 album "Minami Kaze"(南風), a pleasant and airy slow tango of a tropical tune.

Tonight from the same album, I give you "Just Feeling". When I first heard it, the arrangement initially reminded me of "The Girl is Mine", the duet with Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson and so I'd thought that perhaps the song was a cover version of an American pop tune. Well, my instincts were partially correct. It is indeed a cover tune but one of a purely Japanese concoction. "Just Feeling" is actually a version of Yurie Kokubu's(国分友里恵)original rendition of "You Need Me" on Soichi Noriki's(野力奏一)1983 album "Noriki". So, Noriki is the composer here but Dwight Waldron's original lyrics have been replaced by Kitahara's own words. 

In comparison with "Suiheisen", "Just Feeling" is feeling just downtown condo J-AOR living with brunch on the table. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.