Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, August 8, 2024

MAO -- MAKE MY DAY

 

I remember being in the movie theatre when the trailer for cop thriller "Sudden Impact" came on. When Clint Eastwood said those classic words "Go ahead....make my day", the audience erupted as crazily and happily as any cameo scene from "Deadpool & Wolverine". That had to be the Clint-iest scene in Clint's entire career.

Singer-songwriter MAO's "MAKE MY DAY" from 2023 isn't quite as epic but it is a very pleasant musical walk in the city as we see in the music video. About a few months ago, I introduced MAO into the pages of KKP via her 2024 "Hikikomori no Mainichi"(ひきこもりの毎日), and I'm happy that with "MAKE MY DAY", the lass is actually getting some fresh air by taking those refreshing night walks. The smooth rapping patter goes into a relationship between two buddies (maybe they're boyfriend and girlfriend?); no matter if things get tense, they'll stick together solidly. Though a short tune at a shade over 2 1/2 minutes, it gives its message with no muss and no fuss, and the arrangement is also just as efficiently melodic with a few instruments providing that atmosphere of cool, nice and nocturnal.

Ah, by the way, I'm starting my Urban Contemporary Fridays on Thursday night this week because I'm going to be away from the computer for a lot of this Friday. So, along with this one, I figure that I'll put up at least a few more City Pop/R&B/AOR tunes before the night is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.