Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 5, 2024

DAOKO -- BANG!

 

I've already put up a few DAOKO songs up on the blog over the past several months, and I think this particular song is one of her most infectiously catchy pop tunes that I've heard thus far.

In September 2016, DAOKO released her 2nd CD single "Moshi mo Bokura ga Game no Shuuyaku de/Daisuki with Teddyloid/BANG!"(もしも僕らがGAMEの主役で/ダイスキ with TeddyLoid/BANG!...If We Were Main Characters in a Game/I Love You with TeddyLoid), and that last one has hit my ears with a true bang. Written by the singer and composed by Hideya Kojima(小島英也) of ORESAMA, a band that I've usually associated with anison, that bubbly percussion that launches the song has had me thinking of either Pharrell Williams' "Happy" or Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off". I think the entire song is bubbly enough to be an anime theme. And of course, there just had to be a music video to match the overall bubbliness. By the way, the entire single reached No. 29 on Oricon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.