Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, August 17, 2024

FANCYLABO -- Sugar Sugar

 

As a kid, the first time that I ever heard of anything called "Sugar Sugar", it was via The Archies on their cartoon show "The Archie Show" back in the late 1960s. It was a nice slice of bubblegum pop.

Now, as I am entering my senior middle-aged years, I've now found out that there is another "Sugar Sugar" on the other side of the Pacific Ocean. Not only that but I've also discovered that South Korean DJ, producer and songwriter Night Tempo has been made further busier as he manages his own Japanese aidoru duo FANCYLABO. Having formed in early 2023, the duo consists of ex-NMB48 member Miori Ichikawa(市川美織)and ex-Maison book girl member Aoi Yagawa(矢川葵). It's an interesting combination to me anyways since the two have arrived from conventional and indies aidoru groups respectively.

Their most recent digital single from July this year is indeed "Sugar Sugar" which has Ichikawa and Yagawa tackling an 80s synthpop tune with a Eurobeat vibe slightly reminiscent of Bananarama's "I Heard A Rumour". Maybe there is even a taste of good ol' Wink in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.