Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

m-flo loves RIP SLYME -- ARIGATTO

 

Hard to believe but "Reservoir Dogs" is over 34 years old now. That iconic power walk with the robbers has probably been emulated all over the place, especially during Halloween. I should know...since some of my friends and I actually dressed up in black suits and strutted down one of the main streets of Toronto one October 31st. I should've exercised more.


Anyways, it wasn't just me and my buddies who got all "Reservoir Dogs" fashion-crazy. The two hip-hop groups m-flo and RIP SLYME got together (maybe for the first time?) in 2025 to record "ARIGATTO" and make a video where they all looked like snazzy-looking heist folks just dying to be recruited by Quentin Tarentino himself. 

Released in September 2025 as a digital download single and as the most recent entry in the 2020s slate of the "m-flo loves" series, "ARIGATTO" is basically a rapping volley among the members of the two groups including Lisa, Verbal and Ilmari. The back-and-forth starts things off before a fun and funky 70s melody joins the heist and heck the guys even have a grand old time singing away over the supposed victim in the trunk. 


I remember the "m-flo loves" series which came out in the early-mid-2000s with Verbal and the gang collaborating with singers such as melody. & Ryohei, so it was nice to hear that m-flo came back with the concept during the early 2020s. This single managed to reach No. 17 on Oricon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what's going on in that video nor can I tell what those men in black or doing, but judging by the expressions apparent, these men in black seemed to be well liked by the people who are being interviewed at the end of the video.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.