It's indeed a Friday night as I type this so I'm sure younger and more energetic folks than I are enjoying their time dining, dancing and drinking somewhere out there. Temperatures are more reasonable and seasonable in the evenings now.
A few years ago, I posted an article regarding the band Lucky Kilimanjaro and their 2021 "Ame ga Furu nara Odoreba Ii ja nai"(雨が降るなら踊ればいいじゃない), noting that vocalist and songwriter Yukimaru Kumaki(熊木幸丸)and his guys love to bring in the Neo-City Pop and disco. Well, one of their earlier songs from their one and only mini-album as an indies act, the July 2015 "FULLCOLOR", can be said to the ideal mix of those two styles. "Burning Friday Night" which was written by Kumaki and composed by the entire band has a hint of an old song by The Emotions but through the gauzy filter of Sakanaction(サカナクション). So, maybe no disco strings per se but the beat is certainly disco-friendly.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.