Not sure what's gotten singer-songwriter Masamichi Sugi(杉真理)so shocked on the cover of his May 1984 album "Mistone". Maybe he just saw the latest trailer for "Avengers Doomsday".
Anyways, I have here one of the tracks from "Mistone", "Terra". Y'know...I don't think I had ever heard a New Wave pop tune from Sugi (usually he tended toward the old-fashioned pop of the 1950s or 1960s) but here is one song that sounds just as if it really does belong to 1984. It's got that nice bouncy little synthpop rhythm to add to the singer's high-falutin' vocals. And there are also those certain nostalgic guitar chords of that decade.

Since the YouTube powers that be have made this particular video unavailable to my region, I was forced to go on a little search for this song, and that was a good thing! I found a video of side two that wasn't split into tracks. I ended up listening to all of side two of “Mistone," and that was a very pleasant experience. Masamichi Sugi seems to change genres with every song, so I was more than entertained as I searched for “Terra."
ReplyDelete