Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, August 10, 2026

Spitz -- Mishiranu Ito(見知らぬ糸)

 

I haven't really watched a J-Drama in many many years although I know of the usual types of drama that get onto the commercial networks such as TBS and Fuji-TV. There are the medical dramas, the ones dealing with cops and also the legal battles, and to be honest, they sound a lot like what's on American prime-time television.

Frequent commenter Brian Mitchell told me about this drama that he and his family are currently watching on TBS called "T-shirt ga Kawaku made"(Tシャツが乾くまで...Until the T-shirt Dries) which began its run a month ago. It sounds innocent enough but peel the layers back and one can discover that this is actually a romance mystery regarding two people seemingly losing their respective spouses in the same tragic accident but then finding out something shocking as a result. 

But before I go any further, this is after all a music blog and not a drama blog. Brian asked me to write about the theme song for "T-shirt ga Kawaku made", "Mishiranu Ito" (Unknown Thread), which was released a few days ago as Spitz's(スピッツ)48th single. Now, I've always enjoyed the vocals of Masamune Kusano(草野正宗)and his band has always been symbolic of one aspect of 1990s J-Pop...guitar rock via hits such as "Cherry" and "Namida ga Kirari"(涙がキラリ☆), so it was great to know that Spitz is still there strumming away with that same comfortable sound from 30 years ago. By the way, Kusano took care of words and music.

1 comment:

  1. Spitz is still in good form! I find the word song to be moving and emotional. Maybe even a bit contemplative or spiritual. So, I think Masamune Kusano did a really good job writing the song lyrics and accompanying music.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.