A little over four years ago, I introduced singer Anna Banana(アンナ・バナナ)to the pages of KKP, a lovely lady with some golden vocals. Just from what I've heard thus far, it seems like she inhabited some of the more urbane genres such as City Pop and jazz. My first article on her "Smile" from her 1993 album "High Dive" revealed a breezy pop sense somewhat akin to some of the works of actress-singer Miki Imai(今井美樹).
From the same album, here is "Himitsu" (Secrets) and perhaps the secret that I envisage as I listen to this one is the secret but oh-so-desirable club in a city alley where this might be playing. Written by Yukinojo Mori(森雪之丞)and composed by Tsutomu Nakayama(中山努), it comes across as a nice slice of sophisti-pop or British blue-eyed soul especially with that muted trumpet solo. I think of Swingout Sister and Basia when I listen to that refined and funky arrangement.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.