I was scrolling through the J-Wiki article showing the music of 1965, the year of my birth, and I encountered a familiar name: Katsuko Kanai(金井克子). I've known her mostly for her 31st single and a 1973 hit titled "Tanin no Kankei"(他人の関係), a snazzy Mood Kayo with some distinct choreography.
However, getting back to 1965, Kanai released her 10th single back in May of that year. "Noche de Tokyo" (A Night in Tokyo) is also plenty classy as this Latin kayo which brings old-fashioned images of Ginza or Akasaka nightclubs and bartenders shaking cocktails. And right in the middle of one particular club is Kanai herself lovingly delivering this old-time song. Yasuteru Miura(三浦康照)was the lyricist here while Kanae Wada(和田香苗)took care of the melody. The song won the Best Arrangement prize at the Japan Record Awards at the end of 1965 when they were handed out on Christmas Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.