It was just this morning when I saw commenter Brian Mitchell noticing that there were indeed a lot of songs in Japan with the word kanashii(悲しい)or kanashimi(悲しみ)or some variant. They refer to sadness or loneliness and it would fit in with the kayo kyoku tendency to bring up a lot of sad stories within the lyrics albeit the music supporting them has often been quite cheerful. Well, I've opted to show off an Author's Picks (not complete by any means) of these songs which are mostly upbeat except for one. I refused though to post a thumbnail of a sad face...I went with something more symbolic, namely a Wikimedia Commons photo by User Kenlin of someone pouring some sake for someone having the blues.
(1966) Hibari Misora -- Kanashii Sake (悲しい酒)
(1983) Anri -- Kanashimi ga Tomaranai (悲しみがとまらない)
(1984) Checkers -- Kanashikute Jealousy (哀しくてジェラシー)
(1985) Anzen Chitai -- Kanashimi ni Sayonara(悲しみにさよなら)
(1987) Keisuke Kuwata -- Kanashii Kimochi (悲しい気持ち)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.