I just discovered this one after posting "Airport Kayo" back in June. But my impression is that this airport-titled song is far away from the others in terms of time and space.
"Portable Kuukou" (Portable Airport) is one of the songs for capsule's 3rd single "Portable Airport" from May 2004. It has been categorized as an electro song although I can still hear some vestiges of the duo's old Shibuya-kei sound before making that transition into more technopop and dance music. Just imagine Swinging London in the 60s...the 2060s, that is.
Not surprisingly, Yasutaka Nakata(中田ヤスタカ)was behind the music and I'm assuming that vocalist Toshiko Koshijima(こしじまとしこ)was providing the vocal stylings here. What I also found out is that the music video for "Portable Kuukou" was a Studio Kajino-produced (under Studio Ghibli) anime which was the first in a sci-fi trilogy. The very brief excerpt that I could find below has gotten me interested in seeing the whole thing. "Portable Kuukou" was also a part of capsule's 4th studio album "S.F. sound furniture" which was released in June 2004 to a No. 35 ranking.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.