![]() |
| From Rakuten |
Just by coincidence, I noticed that yesterday would have been singer-songwriter Masahiro Kuwana's(桑名正博)73rd birthday. Unfortunately though, the native of Osaka had passed away at the age of 59 in 2012 from heart failure.
I came across this track from his 5th album titled "Kuwana No. 5" from June 1979. "Limelight" is a cool and strutting number that has been classified as blues-rock and I can also throw in City Pop and New Music into the mix. With lyrics by Takashi Matsumoto(松本隆), "Limelight" was composed by Kuwana while its arrangement was handled by the singer and Canadian-American composer and arranger David Campbell. Noting how TOTO-like the song felt, I tried to search whether Campbell had anything to do with the legendary American band. I couldn't find anything definitive but the man has worked with artists on both sides of the Pacific including X Japan, Chika Ueda(上田知華), Jackson Browne and Carole King.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.