I have to admit that I've not come across the combination of apple tea and peanuts before although I've enjoyed both of them separately. Maybe they make a good remedy toward improved blood circulation. Hard to say.
But that combination is indeed the title of singer-songwriter Atsuko Nina's(二名敦子)track from her 1987 album "Teibou"(堤防). I wrote on the title track back in 2018 and compared to the late 80s sophisticated pop of that one, "Apple Tea to Peanuts" (Apple Tea and Peanuts) is a samba-driven tune written and composed by Nina that goes at a pretty fast clip...and during a bright sunny and breezy day. The singer definitely sings the praises of apple tea and peanuts (her personal favourite, perhaps?). Motoki Funayama(船山基紀 )took care of the arrangement which also involved guitarist Makoto Matsushita(松下誠)and percussionist Pecker( ペッカー).

No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.