Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Etsuko Sai -- Hitomi no Kirei na Lover Man(瞳のきれいなLover Man)

 

The above comes from Cufon Fonts, a website from which you can apparently download fonts for free, and I hope that I can use their image above at the same rate as well. Feel free to take a look. But I wanted to start this article with this since Delication is not only a new font that actually celebrated its first birthday last month, it also happens to be the name of Etsuko Sai's(彩恵津子)January 1986 album. Other than that, it doesn't really exist in the English language.

Getting back to Sai's album, one track there is "Hitomi no Kirei na Lover Man" (Lover Man with the Beautiful Eyes). I've had this one on the backlog for so long that I was really feeling the pressure to finally get this one posted so here it is. Written by Sai herself, it's quite the breezy nighttime-sounding City Pop ballad (with lovely background chorus harmonies to match). Composing was a double-duty affair with Ichiro Hada(羽田一郎)and Toshinobu Kubota(久保田利伸)working on the melody. Yep, it's THAT Toshinobu Kubota very early in his R&B career, and apparently he and Hada had worked on some of the former's early songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.