Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 25, 2026

Mari Kaneko & Bux Bunny -- Owari Naki Hajimari(終りなき始まり)

 

The last article I wrote regarding the rock band Mari Kaneko & Bux Bunny(金子マリ & バックス・バニー)was for their "Serenade":(セレナーデ), a track from their 1978 album "Shoot the moon". In it, I'd mentioned that it had been a year since I last put up a song by them. Well, this time, it's over three years so I've really been lagging.

"Serenade" is quite the sipping whiskey-friendly tune. And it looks like I've found another similarly-feeling track, "Owari Naki Hajimari" (Endless Beginnings). With lyrics by Kaneko and Yasukiyo Taniguchi(谷口康清)along with the Yoshihiro Naruse(鳴瀬喜博)melody, "Owari Naki Hajimari" is perfect for that day-off dalliance on the hammock or couch while the sun is going down. Basically, it's Margaritaville time with the Janis Joplin of Shimo-Kitazawa and we do hear some of those very vocal gymnastics from Kaneko this time around. Still, it's relaxation time on the boardwalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.