Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, September 25, 2026

Michiru Kojima -- Yume no Temae de(夢の手前で)

 

I'm not sure what it is...maybe it's her arrangers or her pleasantly feathery voice, but Michiru Kojima(児島未散) has always struck me as this very wholesome lady throughout her music career. You'd probably expect her face to adorn a box of healthy cereal.

Case in point: I found another wonderful number by her. It's her 4th single from August 1989, "Yume no Temae de" (On the Verge of a Dream), a love song which starts out sounding faintly like an old Chicago (the band) ballad but goes into a mid-tempo beat with some breezy vocals and arrangement by Koji Makaino(馬飼野康二)who also took care of the core melody. Etsuko Kisugi(来生えつこ)provided the lyrics about falling in love and getting ready to make that catch.

I was surprised to find out that such a mature and dramatic song was used as the ending theme for the 1989 remake of the anime "Konchu Monogatari Minashigo Hacchi"(昆虫物語 みなしごハッチ...The Adventures of Hutch the Honeybee) which I used to read as a little kid in manga form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.