With my previous article being "Night Drive" for all those City Pop fans who want to take it out on the road in the evening, I guess this article can be about the nocturnal jazz while enjoying time at some intimate alley bar downtown. And it's from a source that I hadn't expected.
All this time, the Mayumi Asaka(朝加真由美)file on KKP was one that really consisted of tracks from one album; namely "Yasashii Kankei ~ Mayumi I"(優しい関係...A Gentle Relationship) from October 1981. It was indeed a City Pop release and Asaka was good for it. And J-Wiki only lists that album as her only album output in her discography. Well, strangely enough, the discography was lacking by at least one more album. In 1984, Asaka released her purely jazz album titled "Loving For...". Right from the start, we get "My Heart Belongs To You" with the singer and band providing a smoky version which deserves its own tumbler of scotch. Finally glad to add a totally new angle to the Asaka file.

Very stylish and mellow!
ReplyDeleteAnd I don't have to rely on one album of hers anymore. :)
Delete