Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Akiko Yano -- Watashi-tachi(わたしたち)

 

Once again, I'm doing the piecemeal route of exploring one album. For this one, it happens to be Akiko Yano's(矢野顕子)November 1987 album "Granola", and so far, I've covered a couple of its tracks: "Hana no You ni"(花のように)and "Jitensha de Oide" (自転車でおいで), a duet with singer-songwriter Motoharu Sano(佐野元春).

This time around, I'm posting about the first track on "Granola", "Watashi-tachi" (Us), a peppy pop (aside from a chugging electric guitar solo midway) number that was written and composed by Yano. A song of the realizing emergence of love between two people, it's an upbeat and somewhat introspective number at the same time which is what I would probably think the emotional situation would be with the lovebirds. Basically, it's the "Whoa! I'm so happy but what's next for us?" thought. Mind you, if it were up to me, I would enjoy the ride and take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.