Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, August 21, 2026

Daisuke Mori -- Itsuka Moshi mo(いつかもしも)

 

I figured that I would still be able to find something new somewhere among my collection of "Light Mellow", and it was within the "Breeze" CD that I encountered this one that I hadn't yet covered.

Even though singer-songwriter Daisuke Mori(森大輔)has an entry on J-Wiki, he doesn't have a particularly long or detailed account of himself there. Hailing from Metropolitan Osaka, Mori is also a producer and arranger who graduated from Kobe University with a degree from the Faculty of Global Human Sciences. Having learned classical piano from the age of three and then music theory, he was signed to Atlantic Records with the title of First Brand New Artist of the 21st Century with his first single, "Trust Me", coming out in November 2004.

The track that I have of him on "Breeze" is his 8th single "Itsuka Moshi mo" (If, Someday...) from October 2008. The song fits hand-in-glove on a CD titled "Breeze". It's indeed a breezy pop song with some elegant piano and lovely harmonization. Plus, the chorus sounds like something sung from the 1970s. Not quite hammock-worthy but it makes for a nice accompaniment while on a drive down the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.