It's a lovely afternoon out there. The sun's reflecting off the houses on the other side of the street and the temperature is not too hot although I still have the old-fashioned fan going in my room.
This song seems to fit the atmosphere quite nicely. I'm writing about "Mabushii Photograph" (Dazzling Photograph), the second track from Platinum 900's third and final album "Free (At Last)" from 1999. KKP contributor HRLE92 provided the first article on this 90s City Pop collective by giving a nice summary on the albums the band recorded and that includes "Free (At Last)".
HRLE92 gave a quick comment on "Mabushii Photograph" as follows: Track 2 is a slower song. This song is highly rated by many Japanese music blogs. I feel that the best part of the song is the string section, which feels like that it is breathing and alive.
Yep, I have to say that I'm a sucker for tenderhearted strings. I wouldn't say that they were disco strings here but they do provide some glowing warmth in "Mabushii Photograph" with the sun positioned at that particular attractive angle. It seems to be the ideal song straddling the present and the past while your plane is landing at your desired destination on a good-weather day sometime in the afternoon. And you can count on this blog to be one of those that also rates "Mabushii Photograph" highly.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.