Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Early Byrds feat. Kyoko Kimura -- Ocean Song

 

It was a couple of months ago that I introduced the jazz-fusion band Early Byrds and their special guest Kyoko Kimura(木村恭子)through their 1981 album, "Up and Coming". I focused on the opening track "Galaxy Special" which was an instrumental punctuated by Kimura's scatting.

(16:00)

Well, this time I'm going with the last song on Side A of the original album, "Ocean Song". Starting out with the calm blue ocean sloshing against the shore, we get to hear Kimura voicing some soothing quotes such as "You're just an ocean away". Along with the aural massage, Early Byrds provide that laidback cocktail-sipping melody which will have you aching to head out to some beach somewhere or at least leave you living the tropical dream vicariously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.