Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Thursday, August 27, 2026

Naomi Sugimura -- Tasogare ni Last Scene(黄昏にラストシーン)

 

A few days ago, I posted a Higurashi(日暮し)song on the blog for the first time in a while titled "Odayakana Gogo"(おだやかな午後). Then, I checked vocalist Naomi Sugimura's(杉村尚美)file on KKP and I realized that I hadn't put up anything from her solo career in about six years! 

The last article that I had put up was her final single from June 1982, "Kaze no Naka no Melody"(風の中のメロディー). A couple of months later, she released her third and final original album which had the same title. From there, I give you "Tasogare ni Last Scene" (Last Scene at Sunset). Written by Akira Ohtsu(大津あきら)and composed by Tsunehiro Izumi(和泉常寛), it's one of the more fleet-footed bossa nova tunes that I've ever heard. Sugimura also gives her usual lovely light touch in her vocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.