Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 5, 2019

Makkin & The New Music Stuff -- Asa made Kimi to Itai no ni(朝まで君といたいのに)


Continuing on the City Pop path that I started with M. TOSIKAZU's strut-worthy "Friday Night", I bring another track from "Light Mellow: Drive", and this time, it involves one of the longest band name and song title combinations that I've had on the blog. However, it doesn't quite come close to beating the length of the previous sentence.


According to the liner notes from "Drive", bassist Toshiro "Makkin" Matsuki(松木俊郎)launched a solo project of plugging into the urban soul sound sector of New Music from the 1970s. Now, unfortunately, I couldn't find the song that was featured on "Drive" itself, but I was able to find a just-as-groovy replacement from the same original 2008 album "First Songs" by Makkin & The New Music Stuff, "Asa made Kimi to Itai no ni" (I Wanna be with You Right Up to the Morning).

Composed by Makkin and written by Samu Okamura(岡村作夢)and vocalized by talented Nanamie, the keyboards and guitar especially bring back those summery New Music sounds. Specifically, I got reminded of Taeko Ohnuki(大貫妙子)back then and the band So Nice. Wouldn't mind some more of this in what remains of this decade and into the 2020s.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.