Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Monday, July 8, 2019

Yuri Kunizane -- Kitto...(きっと...)


Found another one of those many not-so-well-known teenyboppers from the 1980s, so I just wanted to show you readers.


This is Yuri Kunizane(国実百合), an aidoru who had her time between 1988 and 1991 with a total of 12 singles and 6 albums including 2 BEST compilations. I've had a passing interest in terms of geographical nomenclature (if that is the right way to term this) when it comes to Japanese names and where they most appear, and so I'm curious about where the family name Kunizane originally came from, especially since this is the first time that I had ever heard of it.

But that's about as far as I will go off-base in terms of the mission of this blog. Yuri Kunizane is a native of Kochi Prefecture who later attended Horikoshi High School in Tokyo, kinda like the educational institution for future celebs that was not too far from my final English school during my time in Japan. "Kitto..." (For Sure...) was her 6th single from July 1989, and it's a happy Latin-tinged song (sounds faintly Matt Bianco) that had a couple of big-time songwriters behind it, namely lyricist Yoshiko Miura(三浦徳子)and composer Tetsuji Hayashi(林哲司). There are certain parts of it that are very twist-friendly but that aidoru brightness in the arrangement by Mitsuo Hagita(萩田光雄)is still in there. I'm not sure whether Hayashi created a lot of aidoru tunes but "Kitto..." is undoubtedly quite a different Hayashi concoction when I usually think of his creations for other acts such as Omega Tribe(オメガトライブ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.