Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Go-Gos -- Vacation


Yesterday, I had a rare Monday off so I took the opportunity to catch "Spiderman ~ Far From Home" which was a refreshingly breezy continental superhero romp after the epic "Avengers: Endgame". I did like it much better than "Homecoming". If I were to use a meme to describe Marvel's final movie for this year though, it would be ILLUSION: 100!.




As was the case with "Homecoming", the ending credits for "Far From Home" engaged plenty of artistic imagination with a style that once again reminded me of the 1980s. Not surprisingly, the ending theme was also of that decade, The Go-Gos' catchy "Vacation". And for me, The Go-Gos including Belinda Carlisle and Jane Wiedlin was the first all-woman band that I'd ever seen on TV in my life, and they had a lot of great hits such as "Our Lips Are Sealed" and "We Got The Beat". I was almost tempted to get their album "Beauty and the Beat" at the neighbourhood Hudson's Bay when it actually sold LPs, but never got around to it. Hopefully, I may find it at an old record store someday.

But of course, with "Kayo Kyoku Plus" being a Japanese pop music blog, I will do here again that I did with my article on Captain & Tennille back in January this year, and provide the appropriate singers and songs. "Vacation" came out in June 1982 so allow me to feature the Top 3 songs for that same month on Oricon. Actually found the information here.

1. Hiromi Iwasaki -- Madonna Tachi no Lullaby



2. Seiko Matsuda -- Nagisa no Balcony


3. Kumiko Yamashita -- Sekido Komachi Doki 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.