Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, August 21, 2026

Fridays and Saturdays

 

As I've mentioned in the past, I've sometimes used the 5th and final slot for my articles on Urban Contemporary Fridays to place something a little out of the ordinary. This time, I'm going with an Author's Picks devoted to songs that have some form of Friday or Saturday in the titles since we're going to transition from Friday into Saturday in a few hours, and not surprisingly, a lot of these songs are City Pop in nature. Friday night is the time in Japan to whip off the tie and go crazy at an izakaya or karaoke box while Saturday could be more of the same or maybe friends can meet up for brunch or coffee in the morning. One song actually doesn't haven't a Friday or Saturday in its title but I figure that "Pay Day" by EPO is close enough to a celebratory Friday to get an honorary nod. Anyways, have a good weekend everyone!

(1977) Tetsuji Hayashi -- Rainy Saturday & Coffee Break(レイニー・サタディ&コーヒー・ブレイク)


(1982) EPO -- Doyou no Yoru wa Paradise (土曜の夜はパラダイス)


(1983) EPO -- Pay Day


(1983) M. TOSIKAZ -- Friday Night


(1992) Dreams Come True -- Kessen wa Kin'youbi (決戦は金曜日)


(2015) Lucky Tapes -- Friday Night

2 comments:

  1. Dorikamu knows how to put me in a disco mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/1MBcVb-DHNE?feature=share

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.