Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Kumi Showji with Chikuzen Sato -- Neverfading Love



Kumi Showji(障子久美)is a singer-songwriter from Shiga Prefecture whose name and visage I've seen in the pages of "Nihon no Josei Singer-Songwriter"(日本の女性シンガー・ソングライター...Japan's Female Singer-Songwriters)a few times but I never bothered to find out any of her material. But then, I came across this soulful little ballad with her and Sing Like Talking's Chikuzen Sato(佐藤竹善)called "Neverfading Love".

A track on her 5th album, "Scope of Soul" from 1993, I realized that I will always be a sucker for that urban contemporary/jazz arrangement, and when you have such nice vocals by Showji and Sato...well, perhaps it's time to give some of her YouTube videos more of a look-see. From what I've seen of her J-Wiki profile, Showji, who also wrote and composed "Neverfading Love", was mostly active in the 1990s, releasing 8 original albums and 7 singles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.