Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Sunday, December 29, 2019

Kanako Wada -- Sayonara Jasmine Breeze(さよならJasmine Breeze)


Good heavens! It's been almost a year since I put up anything by Kanako Wada(和田加奈子). Allow me to rectify.


I think that I've covered most of Wada's singles' A-sides and a few of her albums in general. However, this is the first time that I've even heard of "Sayonara Jasmine Breeze", a B-side for her May 1988 single, "Lucky Love", a slightly mellower cover of Kylie Minogue's "I Should Be So Lucky".

Not quite as catchy as some of her other songs, it does have that Doobie Bounce in the intro going for it and that twangy guitar, but I think that the thumping is a little too strong. During the refrain, Wada's voice and the bass (synth?)/drums seem to be competing too hard with each other for dominance. Shun Taguchi(田口俊)and Tsukasa(司)were behind the creation of the song. I'm not sure whether the song actually got placed onto an album.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog I learn so much about jpop that I wouldn't find anywhere else easily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Polkallevan. Thanks for the kind words and hope you keep on reading!

      Delete
  2. Hi J-Canuck!

    Lyrics: Shun Taguchi (田口俊)
    Composition: Tsukasa
    Arrangement: Shiro Sagisu (鷺巣詩郎)

    Reference: https://auctions.c.yimg.jp/images.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/image/dr000/auc0509/users/ffe204881343436d4bbd8ca3d3fc556f7689948a/i-img1200x1200-1569382720thjwgz93820.jpg

    This song is still unavailable on CD. There was a missed opportunity on the recent Tower Records remasters; on the "KANA" remaster they added the 2 versions of "Lucky Love" (single and album versions) but not this B-Side.

    Maybe one day on a "VOCU" remaster.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Daemonskald!

      Thanks for the info as usual! I tried looking it up on the JASRAC database but it looks like they're off for the next week for some sort of renovation.

      Delete

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.