Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Franchouchou -- Saga Jihen(佐賀事変)


Well, it's just a truncated version of the music video (not anymore), but hey, I will be more than happy to take it. It's good to hear from the zombie aidoru group of Franchouchou once more, especially with a second season on the way and now a "Zombieland Saga" BEST song compilation coming out at the end of November.

Another treat is that one of the more enigmatic members of the team, Zombie No. 5, aka Yuugiri(ゆうぎり)the 19th century courtesan played by Rika Kinugawa(衣川里佳), finally gets the lead vocal this time around with "Saga Jihen" (Saga Incidents). Any similarity of this sultry jazz with a Ringo Shiina/Tokyo Jihen(椎名林檎・東京事変)big band number is purely intentional, I'm sure. Plus, it looks like I got my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of the week on the blog since I've liked Shiina's jazz fare and Franchouchou. Couldn't find out who wrote and composed it yet but when either me or the anime buddy gets our hands on the CD, I will be sure to let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.