Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, October 4, 2019

Rajie -- Last Chance


I've collected a few Rajie albums over the years thanks to the lovely songs by the singer herself and through the work on the blog. However, I've yet to get my hands on her 2nd album "Love Heart" from December 1978.


The album was released just a few days before Xmas and from listening to one of the tracks on "Love Heart", "Last Chance", I think the song must have made for a nicely contrasting listening experience considering the Yuletide tunes playing on the department store speakers at the time.

According to "Music Avenue", Ryuichi Sakamoto(坂本龍一)was manning the synth bass providing that bossa nova rhythm for his Yellow Magic Orchestra bandmate Yukihiro Takahashi's(高橋ユキヒロ)music and lyrics for "Last Chance". "Music Avenue" author kaz-shin wasn't all that over the moon with the song, calling it rather plain, and yep, it's not quite a classic City Pop song as some others are, but I think Rajie's vocals help guide the soothing way through the five minutes and change, and I can't complain about the keyboards either.

And all that preamble above to realize that I had already written something about it on my article for Disc 1 of Rajie's BEST collection since it was also included there. Ack...what the heck. It's a strong enough tune to take a fuller account.😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.