Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Junko Hirotani -- Koi Moyou(恋模様)

 


Well, I can say that at least this time, I'm not quite as late this time as I was, coming up with another track from Junko Hirotani's(広谷順子)June 1981 "Blendy" album. When I wrote up about one other track "Hohoemi ni Nemurasete"(微笑みに眠らせて), that was back in August 2019 which was over 2 years since the time I'd written about the overall album. This time, the delay is perhaps a year and a half.😑


Besides, to give myself an out, "Koi Moyou" (Love Pattern) wasn't even a track on the original "Blendy" but it was added to the remastered version that came out in 2016. Actually, it came out on the scene even before the album as Hirotani's 4th single from August 1980. 

Hirotani was behind the melody with Ayumu Date(伊達歩)providing the lyrics, and Akira Inoue(井上鑑)crafted the arrangement to create this light and mellow "Koi Moyou", filled with summer resort relaxation and classy living along the shore. Unsurprisingly, the song was used for Kintetsu Railways' tourism campaign in the Ise and Shima regions. Aural memories of Junko Yagami(八神純子)and Akira Terao(寺尾聰)come to mind as I listen to this number with the guitar, strings and flute contributing to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.