Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Yukari Yamamoto -- Komugi Iro no Omoide(小麦色の想い出)

 

Coincidentally enough, a rather certain parallel is popping up here on Tuesday. I just completed an article for a B-side to an aidoru's A-side about an hour ago, and now I'm providing the reverse through this A-side to a B-side for an aidoru whose article I took care of back last year.

Yukari Yamamoto(山本由香利), in contrast to Seiko Matsuda(松田聖子), didn't have a very long aidoru career. It lasted between 1975 and 1978 with 6 singles and 1 album under her belt, and then she went into a much longer and more successful time as a thespian.

Last May, I wrote about that B-side, "Mou Sukoshi Jikan wo Kudasai"(もう少し時間を下さい), and now here in February, I will now complete the circle with her A-side "Komugi Iro no Omoide" (Golden Brown Memories) which was released in September 1975. To be honest, listening to both songs on the opposite sides of the vinyl, I initially thought I'd made a mistake somewhere since the two of them sounded alike. "Komugi Iro no Omoide" has that same wistful arrangement with strings and that harpsichord-sounding instrument which seems to have accompanied every innocent kayo looking for that wistfulness during the 1970s. Not surprisingly, as with "Mou Sukoshi Jikan wo Kudasai", the A-side was created by lyricist Haruo Hayashi(林春生)and composer Masaaki Hirao(平尾昌晃)with Ryo Kawakami(川上了)handling the arrangement.

I think the only thing that brought me out of my momentary existential crisis vis-à-vis the two songs was that "Komugi Iro no Omoide" is the one with the trumpet in the intro. Very nice sentimental tunes if similar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.