Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Friday, February 12, 2021

Minako Ito -- Amour(アムール)

 

It's been a while since I put up a Minako Ito(伊藤美奈子)tune and because it's Friday, I think it's time to bring back one of her City Pop tracks.

This song comes from her 1982 debut album "Tenderly". "Glass no Naka no Aoi Umi"(グラスの中の青い海)is an Ito-penned ballad that appeared on the album, and unlike that languid track, "Amour" is a much bouncier number reminding me of the old disco days or post-disco days. If "Glass no Naka no Aoi Umi" is reminiscent of a Roberta Flack love song, then "Amour" can get me to remember some of Hiromi Iwasaki's(岩崎宏美)disco-inflected songs from around the turn of the decade.

Ito once again provided the nostalgic music while Masako Arikawa(有川正沙子)took care of the lyrics. Time to paint the town red once more with this one. If I'm going to be name-dropping here, I may as well as finish off by noting that Ito's vocals here remind me a bit of Ruiko Kurahashi's(倉橋ルイ子)tender delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.