Credits

I would like to give credit where credit is due. Videos are from YouTube and other sources such as NicoNico while Oricon rankings and other information are translated from the Japanese Wikipedia unless noted.

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Yasuko Kuwata -- Ku-gatsu ga Kite mo(九月が来ても)

 

I just realized that I haven't written about 80s aidoru Yasuko Kuwata(桑田靖子)since 2013 through her single "My Joyful Heart", so allow me to rectify the situation.

This isn't a Kuwata single but a track from her third album "Vacation"(バケーション)released in June 1984. "Ku-gatsu ga Kite mo" (Even When September Comes) is a spritely summer song that launches with a bit of happy West Coast flavour. Her J-Wiki article stated that the aidoru had a good high-toned delivery and I'd say that "Ku-gatsu ga Kite mo" is a nice reflection of those vocals. The song was written by Machiko Ryu(竜真知子)and composed by Wataru Kuniyasu(国安わたる).

From reading that J-Wiki article about her, I found out that her overall catchphrase was "The No. 5 Cutest Girl in Class" which struck me as being rather insulting and mystifying. Even on Kuwata's own blog, the singer-turned-tarento has refuted it as words that someone came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to provide any comments (pro or con). Just be civil about it.